“I see the fear and confusion in people’s faces when they have been diagnosed. My role is to help deliver the very best personalized medicine while calming their very real fears. That’s what I love about HOAF, from reception to treatment to billing, each step of the journey is designed to serve our patients.”
Candice Sullivan recently rejoined the staff at HOAF as a nurse practitioner after previously working at the practice as a registered nurse from 2013-2014. Candice received her Master of Science in Nursing in 2015 from Old Dominion University and has over 14 years of experience in critical care, cardiology, oncology, interventional radiology, and invasive cardiology nursing. Her extensive knowledge in these areas, along with her education and clinical experiences, has prepared her with the skills and knowledge to provide quality, evidence-based care.
Candice is a member of several highly regarded professional medical organizations, including the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, the Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners, and the Virginia Nurses Association. She is excited to be a part of the eager and caring staff that makes up the HOAF team, and she looks forward to developing relationships with her patients while applying the latest treatments and helping them in their healing journey.
When she is not working, Candice can be found enjoying the outdoors, going on active adventures with her family, gardening, or playing with her dogs.
- MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, 2015 Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- BSN, 2011 Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- Associate in Applied Science, Nursing, 2003 Germanna Community College, Locust Grove, Virginia
- Diploma, Practical Nursing, 2001 Fredericksburg Area School of Practical Nursing, Fredericksburg, Virginia
Licensures and Certifications
- Registered Nurse | The State of Virginia, multistate privilege
- BLS/ ACLS/ PALS | Current