Clinical Trials at HOAF
At Hematology Oncology Associates of Fredericksburg, we are committed to offering our patients the most advanced comprehensive cancer care. Clinical trials are an integral part of this treatment package, as they offer access to new treatments not yet available outside of the trial. We currently have multiple trials open for enrollment. In addition, we are a research affiliate with VCU Massey Cancer Center in Richmond, Virginia. This affiliation allows our patients to access leading-edge clinical trials while receiving treatment in Fredericksburg.
We encourage you to discuss your options with your provider.
The following studies are active:
Randomized Phase III Trial Evaluating The Role of Weight Loss In Adjuvant Treatment of Overweight And Obese Women With Early Breast Cancer
Objective: To compare the effect of a supervised weight loss intervention plus health education materials versus health education materials alone upon invasive disease free survival in overweight and obese women diagnosed with HER-2 negative, stage II and III breast cancer.
A Randomized Phase 3 Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Enzastaurin Plus R-CHOP Versus R-CHOP in Treatment-Naïve Subjects with High-Risk Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Who Possess the Novel Genomic Biomarker DGM1™
Objective: To compare the effect of R-CHOP/plus enzastaurin versus R-CHOP on OS in treatment naïve, high-risk subjects with DLBCL who possess the DGM1™ biomarker.
A Randomized Phase 3 Study of Sitravatinib in Combination with Nivolumab Versus Docetaxel in Patients with Advanced Non-Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Disease Progression On or After Platinum-Based Chemotherapy in Combination with Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy.
Objective: To compare Overall Survival (OS) in patients with non-squamous NSCLC who have experienced disease progression on or after platinum-based chemotherapy in combination with CIT, treated with sitravatinib and nivolumab versus docetaxel.
- Advanced stage triple negative breast cancer study: targeted therapy with or without an investigational drug
- Non-advanced stage hormone receptor positive breast cancer: Neo-adjuvant (before surgery) immunotherapy trial (post menopausal women)
- Non-advanced stage hormone receptor positive breast cancer: Neo-adjuvant (before surgery) immunotherapy trial (both pre AND post menopausal women)
- Advanced NSCLC Lung Cancer: Neo-adjuvant (before surgery) chemotherapy with or without immunotherapy
- All Lung Cancers: study to assess biomarkers in the blood